Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Day 5/31/11

I wanted to start this blog to document my experience at John Deere and to provide an easy (efficient) way to keep family and friends updated on what's going on in my life. All of you should know me but just to recap I am a junior Mechanical Engineering undergraduate at Virginia Tech. I was fortunate to obtain a co-op with John Deere Power Products in Greeneville, Tn. The co-op will be for a full year and will be an amazing chance for me professionally and personally. I will start by trying to chronicle my experiences day-by-day. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

First Day:
I arrived at John Deere at 7:45 am. After finding my way to the Technical Support (my group) offices I was shown my my cubicle (pictures to come!) I was introduced to my fellow co-ops Allie (TN Tech) and Edi (VT). Most of the day was spent following Richard (our supervisor) around the plant on a detailed tour and meet-and-greet. After this we went to HR and finalized forms and submitted orders for our uniforms. Richard, Jason and Jeff (?) took us out to lunch at a great place called Fatz. The food was great and the name appropriate. :)

I got off at 3pm and breathed a (hot humid, it's 92 here) sigh of relief.








No comments:

Post a Comment